Acne Scar Treatment Singapore
Acne scars can be frustrating and affect one's self-esteem and confidence, especially if they are
severe. Fortunately, there are several acne scar treatment options available in Singapore. These
treatments aim to reduce the appearance of scars and improve the skin's overall
The 6 acne scar removal treatment we provide at Medical Aesthetics are:
- Chemical Peel
- Fractional Laser
- Intralesional Injection of Triamcinolone
- IPL Facial Rejuvenation
- Needle Subcision
- Trichloroacetic Acid Chemical Reconstruction of Skin Scars (TCA Cross)
WhatsApp Us Now
What are acne scars?
Acne scarring and acne marks happen as a result of inflamed acne lesions that damage the skin's tissues. The body's healing response may produce an excess of collagen, leading to raised scars, or too little collagen, resulting in pitted or depressed scars. The type of acne scars one develops depends on the severity and duration of the acne.
Different Type of Acne Scars
Understanding the type of acne scar you have is essential in determining the most suitable treatment.
Atrophic scars are the majority of acne scars, and sit below the surrounding skin's surface. They form when the skin doesn't make enough fibroblast during the healing of acne, leading to a depression. There are three main types of atrophic scars: ice pick, rolling, and boxcar scars.
- Ice Pick Scars: These are deep and narrow scars that go into the skin's dermis. They look like small round holes, similar to what you would get if you punctured your skin with a sharp object.
- Rolling Scars: These have rounded, sloping edges and are wider and shallower than ice pick scars. They give the skin a wavy appearance.
- Boxcar Scars: These are round or oval with steep vertical sides. They're wider than ice pick scars but do not taper to a point.
Recommended Treatments for Atrophic Scars
- Needle Subcision: This treatment is especially effective for rolling scars. It breaks up the fibrous strands that create the scar's depression, elevating the scar to be level with the surrounding skin.
- Fractional Laser: This can be effective for all types of atrophic scars. It helps stimulate collagen production, which can fill out atrophic scars.
- Chemical Peel: Chemical peels can help with atrophic scars by removing the top layers of skin, encouraging the regeneration of new skin cells. This process can reduce the appearance of scars by smoothing the skin's surface and promoting a more even skin tone.
- Trichloroacetic Acid Chemical Reconstruction of Skin Scars (TCA Cross): A high concentration of Trichloroacetic Acid is applied directly to the scar, causing a controlled burn, which leads to the skin's healing and collagen production. Over time, this process can raise the scar closer to the skin's surface level.
Hypertrophic and Keloid Scars
Both of these scars sit above the surrounding skin's surface. They form due to excessive collagen production during the healing process. While hypertrophic scars remain within the original injury's boundaries, keloid scars spread beyond the initial injury site.
Recommended Treatments for Hypertrophic and Keloid Scars
- Intralesional Injection of Triamcinolone: This technique is usually used for Keloids and some hypertrophic scars.
- IPL Facial Rejuvenation: Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) can help reduce the redness and improve the texture of raised scars.
- Fractional Laser: It can help in remodeling the collagen and flattening the raised scars.
What is the best age to get Acne Scar Treatment?
It is recommended that patients wait until their acne is under control before pursuing acne scar treatments. If you are having problems with controlling your acne outbreaks, you may also talk to our doctor for help. Some treatment options for acne may include:
- Oral medications
- Topical treatment (such as acne creams, gels, face wash)
- Medical procedures such as Chemical Peels, LED Light Therapy, Laser Peels etc
Emotional Impact of Acne Scars
We understand that dealing with acne scars can be a challenging experience. Data shows that individuals with acne scars can feel self-conscious and less attractive. It's important to know that these feelings are shared by many, and you are not alone.
With the right support and information, managing and improving the appearance of acne scars is more achievable than ever. We believe in a future where every individual feels confident and comfortable in their skin, and we're here to support you on that journey.
Acne Scar Treatment: Before and After Photos
Owing to the regulations of The Ministry of Health (MOH), we are unable to publish before and after photos on our website. However, you may view these photos during your consultation with our doctor to understand more about the treatment you seek.
Why Choose Dr Robert Ong's Acne Scar Treatment in Singapore?
Experienced & Friendly Doctor
Dr Robert Ong listens attentively to your concerns and patiently discusses with you the appropriate treatment options, based on over 20 years of medical and aesthetics experience.
We are priced competitively and affordably. We also have a variety of treatment options depending on your budget and requirements.
Safe & Effective Results
Our treatment options are safe, effective and promotes natural healing for your skin. We strive to keep your experience a comfortable one and will minimize any pain or discomfort, if any.
Acne Scar Treatment Singapore Price
|From $35 to $65
|IPL Facial Rejuvenation
*Prices are subject to GST.
All patients are required to undergo a consultation with our doctor to assess his or her suitability for the relevant treatment(s).
How do I book an Acne Scar Treatment appointment?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Laser Resurfacing: Targets the top layers of the skin to improve skin texture.
- Chemical Peels: Uses acids to remove the top layer of the skin, promoting new skin growth.
- Topical Treatments: Products containing retinoids, vitamin C, or alpha hydroxy acids may help lighten the scar and rejuvenate the skin.
- Needle Subcision: A surgical technique to break up fibrous bands beneath the skin.