What is Eczema?
Eczema, also commonly known as atopic dermatitis, is a chronic skin condition that is common in Singapore. Eczema symptoms may include red, itchy, inflamed skin, or even flaky skin. It affects people of all ages, from children and adults. Some may also find the hot and humid weather in Singapore challenging for their sensitive skin, although triggers and symptoms vary for different individuals. Severe eczema may also result in hospitalization if there are complications left untreated.
WhatsApp Us Now
How do Eczema Creams work?
Generally, these creams work by targeting various aspects of eczema to provide relief from symptoms, improve the skin’s barrier function and to reduce inflammation. Different eczema creams work differently, depending on the specific active ingredients and formulations. These are some ways eczema creams can help you gain some relief from eczema:
- Moisturizing: Eczema results in a compromised skin barrier function. This leads to dryness and irritation. Eczema creams may contain moisturizing agents to restore the skin barrier function, as well as to retain moisture. Skin hydration may help to reduce itching, scaling and discomfort associated with dry skin.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Eczema creams may also contain ingredients such as steroids to suppress inflammation. This, in turn, helps to alleviate redness, swelling and itchiness.
- Itch relief: Eczema creams may also contain ingredients such as pramoxine or menthol. These ingredients relieve itch by numbing the skin or providing a cooling sensation, and helps reduce one’s urge to scratch.
- Antibacterial agents: In some cases, eczema may be complicated by bacterial infection. Hence, eczema creams may contain antibacterial agents to help address these secondary infections and to promote healing.
- Skin repair and regeneration: Eczema creams may also contain ingredients that promote skin repair and regeneration such as ceramides and niacinamide. These help to improve skin texture and promote overall skin health.
Eczema Cream: Before and After Photos
Owing to the regulations of The Ministry of Health (MOH), we are unable to publish before and after photos on our website. However, you may view these photos during your consultation with our doctor to understand more about the treatment you seek.
Why Choose Dr Robert Ong's Eczema Cream Treatment in Singapore?
Experienced & Friendly Doctor
Dr Robert Ong listens attentively to your concerns and patiently discusses with you the appropriate treatment options, based on over 20 years of medical and aesthetics experience.
We are priced competitively and affordably. We also have a variety of treatment options depending on your budget and requirements.
Safe & Effective Results
Our treatment options are safe, effective and promotes natural healing for your skin. We strive to keep your experience a comfortable one and will minimize any pain or discomfort, if any.
Eczema Cream Singapore Prices
|From $35 to $65
|From $0.50 per tablet
*Prices are subject to GST.
All patients are required to undergo a consultation with our doctor to assess his or her suitability for the relevant treatment(s).
How do I book an Eczema Consultation appointment?
Eczema Treatment Options
We are also able to treat your eczema and sensitive skin, depending on its severity, in different
ways. Patients with severe eczema and frequent eczema flare ups can consider oral
medications with a combination of topical steroids better help control one’s condition.
Talk to our doctor, let us better understand your concerns. Our Toa Payoh clinic is located a sheltered 3 minutes walk away from Toa Payoh MRT.