Hair Loss Treatment Singapore
Hair loss can be a distressing and confidence-destroying problem for many people in Singapore. There
are various causes of hair loss, including aging, stress, and hormonal changes.
Some might be due to genetic factors.
In Singapore, there are various treatment options available to combat hair loss. These range from topical solutions and medications to hair transplant surgeries. The type of hair loss treatment your doctor may recommend depends on some of the following points:
- If you have severe hair loss
- A medical history or certain conditions contributing to more hair loss
- Your preference of various hair loss treatments (depending on budget or individual lifestyle preferences)
WhatsApp Us Now
Causes of Hair Loss
There can be many causes of hair loss. They include, but are not limited to:
- Genetics (family history of hair loss, such as male pattern hair loss)
- Hormonal changes (e.g. pregnancy, menopause)
- Medical conditions (e.g. thyroid disorders, alopecia areata)
- Medications (e.g. chemotherapy drugs, blood thinners)
- Stress (physical, mental & emotional)
- Nutritional deficiencies (e.g. iron, vitamin D)
- Autoimmune disorders
- Infections (e.g. fungal scalp infections or scalp inflammation)
If you have a medical concern, please talk to a doctor to get professional medical advice.
Treatment for Hair Loss Singapore
If you're experiencing hair loss or thinning hair, it's important to seek treatment as soon as possible to prevent further hair loss and promote hair regrowth. In Singapore, there are the following proven hair loss treatment options, such as:
- Topical Solutions
- Oral Medications
- Hair Transplant Surgeries
At Medical Aesthetics, we use the following scientifically proven hair loss treatments in Singapore such as:
- Minoxidil, which is a topical application on the affected hair loss areas on your scalp
- Oral Medication, which works by stopping testosterone (a male hormone) turning into another hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT)
Hair growth is usually observed within 3-6 months after starting treatment, although this varies from individuals. Please talk to our doctor to find out more about potential treatments.
Hair Loss Shampoo Singapore
Apart from medication and topical application, our doctor may also discuss the option of using a shampoo that helps to clean your scalp, provides nutrients for hair follicles and creates a healthier environment that promotes hair regrowth.
Female Hair Loss Treatment
Female hair loss can be especially distressing for women, who may associate a full head of
hair with femininity and beauty. Reasons for female hair loss could be due to stress,
hormonal changes or even female pattern hair loss.
In Singapore, there are various female hair loss treatments treatment options to manage female hair loss and promote hair growth, including supplements, medications and topical solutions. Hair loss treatments should be started as early as possible for the best hair growth outcome. Talk to our doctor for us to better understand how best to treat your condition.
Hair Loss Treatment Singapore Price
|From $35 to $65
|From $40, depending on the choice of treatment
*Prices are subject to GST.
All patients are required to undergo a consultation with our doctor to assess his or her suitability for the relevant treatment(s).