What is Mole Removal?
Mole removal is a widely practiced medical and cosmetic procedure in Singapore, catering to the
needs of individuals seeking to remove moles for various reasons. Moles, which are small skin
lesions or growths, can be benign or potentially harmful. Their removal is often sought for aesthetic
purposes, discomfort relief, or medical precaution.
The 3 common mole removal treatment include:
- Surgery Excision
- Laser Treatment
Cost and recovery time of the mole removal surgery depend on the size and location of the
mole, as well as the chosen method of removal. You may also opt to
remove moles for medical reasons, such as to check for cancerous growths such as skin
Mole removal in Singapore can be done in various places such as aesthetic clinics. At Medical Aesthetics, we perform mole removal treatment through both surgical excision & laser treatment. Our mole removal procedures are performed under local anaesthetic to minimize pain & discomfort.
Talk to our doctor today, let us best understand your concerns. Our Toa Payoh clinic is located a sheltered 3 minutes walk away from Toa Payoh MRT.
WhatsApp Us Now
What causes moles to grow?
These are two main factors thought to contribute to the development and growth of moles:
- Genetics: A predisposition to having moles can be inherited. If your parents or siblings have numerous moles, it's more likely that you'll have more moles too.
- Sun Exposure: While moles can appear on parts of the body not frequently exposed to sunlight, ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun can play a significant role in the development of moles, especially on sun-exposed areas.
Reasons for Mole Removal
There are many reasons in Singapore why one may choose to undergo mole removal.
- Precancerous / Cancerous Moles: Moles that are pre-cancerous or suspected to be cancerous (melanoma) need to be removed to prevent the cancer from spreading.
- Irritation: Moles that frequently get irritated or bleed due to their location (e.g., from shaving or friction from clothing) might be removed to alleviate the problem.
- Pain or Discomfort: If a mole becomes painful or starts itching, it's often checked and might be removed.
- Changes in Appearance: If a mole starts to change in size, shape, color, or elevation, or begins to exhibit symptoms like bleeding, it's a cause for concern and might be removed after evaluation.
- Aesthetic Concerns: People might choose to remove moles that they find unsightly or unattractive, especially on highly visible areas such as the face.
- Size and Protrusion: Large or protruding moles might be removed for a smoother skin appearance.
- Confidence and Self-Esteem: The presence of certain moles might make an individual self-conscious. Removing such moles can boost their confidence and self-esteem.
Additionally, some people might opt for mole removal simply based on personal preference even if there's no medical or cosmetic reason.
Why do a mole removal with a doctor?
There are many reasons in Singapore why one may choose to undergo mole removal. Moles are not just cosmetic blemishes; they are complex structures within the skin layers and require a deeper understanding of skin anatomy, potential complications, and the ability to differentiate between benign and malignant growths.
- Medical Expertise: Doctors undergo years of training to understand skin conditions and abnormalities. Their expertise allows them to correctly identify and safely remove moles while minimizing risks.
- Malignancy Identification: It's essential to differentiate between a benign mole and a potentially malignant one. A trained doctor can recognize early signs of skin cancer, ensuring early intervention if needed.
- Safe and Sterile Procedures: Mole removal, when done incorrectly, can lead to infections, scars, or complications. Doctors perform procedures in a sterile environment using medically approved tools, ensuring the site remains clean and heals appropriately.
Mole Removal: Before and After Photos
Owing to the regulations of The Ministry of Health (MOH), we are unable to publish before and after photos on our website. However, you may view these photos during your consultation with our doctor to understand more about the treatment you seek.
Why Choose Dr Robert Ong's Mole Removal Treatment in Singapore?
Experienced & Friendly Doctor
Dr Robert Ong listens attentively to your concerns and patiently discusses with you the appropriate treatment options, based on over 20 years of medical and aesthetics experience.
We are priced competitively and affordably. We also have a variety of treatment options depending on your budget and requirements.
Safe & Effective Results
Our treatment options are safe, effective and promotes natural healing for your skin. We strive to keep your experience a comfortable one and will minimize any pain or discomfort, if any.
Mole Removal Singapore Price
The expected cost of your mole removal surgery ranges from $100 to $500. We have broken down the prices as follows for full transparency and better budget planning.
|From $35 to $65
|Removal of Skin Lesions (Warts / Moles / Tags)
*Prices are subject to GST.
All patients are required to undergo a consultation with our doctor to assess his or her suitability for the relevant treatment(s).
Where to remove mole in Singapore?
You may remove your mole at our aesthetics clinic, Medical Aesthetics. Our Toa Payoh clinic is located a sheltered 3 minutes walk away from Toa Payoh MRT.
How do I book a Mole Removal appointment?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Asymmetry: One half doesn't match the other.
- Border: Edges are irregular, ragged, or blurred.
- Colour: Varies from one area to another.
- Diameter: Typically larger than 6mm when diagnosed, but can be smaller.
- Evolving: A mole that changes in size, shape, or colour.