Wart Removal Singapore
Warts can be unsightly and sometimes painful, causing discomfort and
self-consciousness. These small, fleshy growths are caused by the human papillomavirus
(HPV) and can appear anywhere on the skin, with some areas more prone than others.
Warts occur when the HPV virus infects the broken top layer of the skin, causing the skin cells to multiply rapidly and form a small, raised, and often rough-textured lesion. They may vary in appearance, size, and shape, depending on the type of HPV involved and the location on the body. There are several types of warts, including common warts, plantar warts, flat warts, and genital warts, each with distinct characteristics.
Generally, while these warts are harmless, they are contagious and may spread to others in close contact, such as children or family members.
WhatsApp Us Now
How Do Viral Warts Spread?
- Touching a Wart Directly: Direct contact with a wart on someone else's body can transmit the virus.
- Touching a Contaminated Surface: Coming into contact with objects like doorknobs, clothes, or towels that have been used by someone with warts.
- Sexual Activity: In the case of genital warts, they can spread through sexual contact.
- Nail Biting: Spreading the virus to the face and mouth area through biting nails that have been in contact with warts.
- Shaving: Spreading the virus to other parts of the body, especially if shaving over a wart, potentially causing cuts and abrasions which can become new sites for warts.
- Shared Personal Items: Using shared personal items like razors, socks, or shoes that might have come into contact with warts.
Risk Factors for Developing Warts
Weak Immune System
Individuals with weakened immune systems are more susceptible to HPV infections.
Children and teenagers are more prone to warts due to their developing immune systems.
Skin Trauma or Existing Skin Condition
Cuts or abrasions, or people with skin conditions such as eczema which may lead to more open wounds, may make it easier for the virus to enter the skin.
Close Proximity to Individuals Who Have Warts
People who are often near others with warts, like family members or classmates, are more likely to get warts. This can happen through direct skin contact or by using shared personal items like towels or stationery.
Treatment Options for Wart Removal
At Medical Aesthetics, we provide a variety of options to treat warts:
- Excision: Surgical removal of the wart.
- Laser Treatment: This uses laser to burn and destroy wart tissue.
- Wart Removal Topical Medications: Such as salicylic acid products and antivirals are applied on the wart
What should I expect after undergoing a procedure to remove warts?
Typically, the healing process lasts from one to two weeks. During your recovery, you can return to most daily routines, such as taking showers and exercising. However, it's important to steer clear of swimming and direct exposure to sunlight at first to avoid risks like slow healing or pigmentation issues. It's usually safe to apply light makeup a couple of days after the treatment. Our doctor and team will give you comprehensive and personalized guidance for aftercare to ensure a smooth recovery.
Wart Removal: Before and After Photos
Owing to the regulations of The Ministry of Health (MOH), we are unable to publish before and after photos on our website. However, you may view these photos during your consultation with our doctor to understand more about the treatment you seek.
Why Choose Dr Robert Ong's Wart Removal Treatment in Singapore?
Experienced & Friendly Doctor
Dr Robert Ong listens attentively to your concerns and patiently discusses with you the appropriate treatment options, based on over 20 years of medical and aesthetics experience.
We are priced competitively and affordably. We also have a variety of treatment options depending on your budget and requirements.
Safe & Effective Results
Our treatment options are safe, effective and promotes natural healing for your skin. We strive to keep your experience a comfortable one and will minimize any pain or discomfort, if any.
Wart Removal Singapore Price
The expected cost of your wart removal surgery is expected to range from $100 to $750, depending on the number of warts and difficulty. We have broken down the prices as follows for full transparency and better budget planning.
|From $35 to $65
|Removal of Warts
*Prices are subject to GST.
All patients are required to undergo a consultation with our doctor to assess his or her suitability for the relevant treatment(s).